Most users ever online was 24 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:33 pm
Card of the week

Masked Change Second
Affiliates

Gladiator Duel Academy

Eternity Rise Academy

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion

Go down

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion Empty Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion Latest?cb=20141003123743

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing all LIGHT monsters or all DARK monsters from your Graveyard, while you have an equal number of each in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. When this card is Special Summoned: You can activate the appropriate effect, based on the Attribute of the monsters banished for the Special Summon. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.
● LIGHT: Target 1 monster on the field; banish it.
● DARK: Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand face-down, until your opponent's End Phase.

Black Luster Soldier of the Evening Twilight. That's quite the mouthful. In this "balanced" remake of the beloved card, we see possibly the longest card name in duel monsters. Anyways, discuss!

Back to top Go down

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion Empty Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:06 pm

So underused, but it is not the best card ever. It is a good 3000 beater though that is fairly easy to bring out, under the right circumstances. It is also unlimited, which is a bonus.

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion Empty Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

GetRekt wrote:So underused, but it is not the best card ever. It is a good 3000 beater though that is fairly easy to bring out, under the right circumstances. It is also unlimited, which is a bonus.

The effect sucks under most circumstances. The only time I actually used one of his effects is when I didn't have my Battle Phase anyway that turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Yeah, it is basically a bad version of the effect of Caius. The hand banish might be good, could potentially screw up opponents plays. But it's effect is able to loop due to the "Must first be special summoned." wording.

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:41 pm

GetRekt wrote:Yeah, it is basically a bad version of the effect of Caius. The hand banish might be good, could potentially screw up opponents plays. But it's effect is able to loop due to the "Must first be special summoned." wording.

I think this is like Dark Armed Dragon, only from the hand. Not sure if they've errata'd this to have it like that.

Last edited by lgnmcrules on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning is the same as well. He can first be special summoned from the hand. Many people do not notice that it can be special summoned again. The Black Luster Soldier that we are talking about right now, Envoy of the Evening Twilight, could potentially be a really powerful card if someone makes a loop. You could keep on special summoning it when he draws a card during his draw phase to make him rage. :3

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 pm

GetRekt wrote:Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning is the same as well. He can first be special summoned from the hand. Many people do not notice that it can be special summoned again. The Black Luster Soldier that we are talking about right now, Envoy of the Evening Twilight, could potentially be a really powerful card if someone makes a loop. You could keep on special summoning it when he draws a card during his draw phase to make him rage. :3

Fun fact, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning says FIRST.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Another thing to point out it that you can destroy Black Luster Soldier somehow, during the battle phase, then re-summon it with call of the haunted, then attack twice again. Of course, this will never happen Sad

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:03 am

Anyways, I can see this card working well in a deck that can control the graveyard well. Being able to summon this thing on will is a pretty sweet feeling when you get it off! pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 pm

If you Call of the Haunted it 3 times, that itself is using the effect 4 times because of the inherent summon. So you can banish 4 monsters.

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Call of the Haunted doesn't trigger its effects, it's when it is summoned from your hand based on what you banished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:19 pm

I read it wrong, I thought it was "First be Special Summoned"... This card is a lot worst than Black Luster Soldier personally.

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

If only you didn't lose your battle phase...

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Still sucks anyway

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 am

I could see some use in pure chaos decks, but that's about it. Not too many decks are even on lights and darks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx GetRekt xX on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Could have a quick Rank 8 if you wanted. Might go into felgrand after using it's effect.

Xx GetRekt xX

Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by jman455 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:17 pm

FUCK HIM i don't any of the others but i run them Razz
jman455
jman455

Qausar Points : 100,000,000
level 0 Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinal (SIN) on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:16 am

Nice way to do a card discussion.
He sucks btw
Cardinal (SIN)
Cardinal (SIN)

level 0 Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKamelot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 am

If you ask me the card is actually alright, it does have a useless card effect because its got a conditional effect e.g. genex synchro effs. Which would both be active no matter what. The effect that you cant activate your bp when you use the eff is pretty bad. The easiest way i could see to do it are, shaddoll fusions first turn with a dark and light monster. Or an infernoid deck with say Evil HERO Infernal Gainer in grave with say lyla, lightsworn sorceress
RoadKamelot
RoadKamelot

level 0 Warning

https://stardustdragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down