Stardust duel academy forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 149 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:57 am
Card of the week

Masked Change Second
Affiliates

Gladiator Duel Academy

Eternity Rise Academy

Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding

2 posters

Go down

Should I do more lessons on meta?

Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding I_vote_lcap0%Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding I_vote_lcap0%Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding Empty Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding

Post by RoadKamelot Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:28 pm

This lesson will mainly be focused on how to use a side deck effectively versus the current tier 1 (meta).

Why do we use side decks?
We mainly use side decks to gain advantages in matches, basically using the cards in your side deck to your advantage while putting your opponent at a disadvantage.

What is the current meta?
The current meta is Qliphorts, Shaddolls, Tellarknights and Burning Abyss.

Siding versus Burning Abyss.
Most of the currently released Burning Abyss cards are fiend. (Excluding Dante who is warrior and Virgil who is Spellcaster). And all of the currently released Burning Abyss monsters are dark (excluding Dante and Virgil again. All of their effects are triggered by either controlling no spell/trap cards and being sent to the graveyard. There are several ways to stop their when sent to the graveyard effects, but unfortunately there are no current ways to deal with their special summon effects, which is upsetting. Anyway, what are the ways the stop their when sent to graveyard effects. (Keep in mind if any of these severely affect your deck just remember they aren't all compulsory)

. Macro Cosmos
When this card resolves: You can Special Summon 1 "Helios - The Primordial Sun" from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

. Dimensional Fissure
Any monster sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

. Any Infernoid quick effects (Not Onuncu's)
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it. (Use this as soon as it is sent to the graveyard)

. Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Negate all DARK monster effects activated on the field or in the Graveyard.

. Abyss Dweller
While this card has an Xyz Material attached that was originally WATER, all WATER monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; any card effects that activate in your opponent's Graveyard cannot be activated this turn.

. Light-Imprisoning Mirror
Negate all LIGHT monster effects activated on the field or in the Graveyard. (Not mandatory, use to deal with Dante and Virgil)

. Stygian Dirge
Reduce the Levels of all monsters your opponent controls by 1.

. Vanity's Emptiness
Neither player can Special Summon monsters. When a card is sent from the Deck or the field to your Graveyard: Destroy this card.

Siding versus Qliphorts (will be refered to ass qli)
All qli monsters released are both machine and earth. All cards released currently are higher than level 5. Qli monsters can be normal summoned from the hand except Kernal, Towers, Assembler and Scout.
When they do this their attacks go down to 1800 and their levels become 4. This is very useful for one of the cards ill tell you about in a bit :p.

. Evilswarm Ophion
2 Level 4 "lswarm" monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, Level 5 or higher monsters cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Infestation" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. #who likes pendulum anyway

. Darkfall
When your opponent Special Summons 2 or more face-up monsters at the same time: Send those monsters to the Graveyard, then send all monsters in the opponent's hand and Deck to the Graveyard that have the same name as the monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect.
Why does nobody run this I mean wtf. (remember i told you about it 1st :p)

. Mystical Space Typhoon
Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

. Twister
Pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

. Vanity's Emptiness
Neither player can Special Summon monsters. When a card is sent from the Deck or the field to your Graveyard: Destroy this card.

. Mistake
Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them.

. Karma Cut
Discard 1 card to select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls, and remove it from play. Then, remove from play any cards in your opponent's Graveyard with the same name as that monster.

Siding versus Shaddolls
All of the released shaddolls are dark and spellcaster (the exceptions are the fusions which have a different attribute e.g. construct is light grysta is fire etc.) All effects of the non-fusion monsters involve flip effects and being sent to the graveyard. There are many ways to stop all of these effects which I will list now.

. Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Negate all DARK monster effects activated on the field or in the Graveyard.

. Royal Prison
Monsters cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. (Shaddoll Falco)

. Royal Command
Flip monsters' effects cannot be activated, also their effects are negated.

. Light of Intervention
Monster cards cannot be Set face-down. Monsters Set in Defense Position are Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position.

. Skill Drain
Activate by paying 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up monsters on the field are negated while those monsters are face-up on the field (but their effects can still be activated).

. Soul Drain
Activate by paying 1000 Life Points. Monsters that are banished, as well as monsters in the Graveyard, cannot activate their effects (that start a Chain).

. Macro Cosmos
When this card resolves: You can Special Summon 1 "Helios - The Primordial Sun" from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

. Dimensional Fissure
Any monster sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

Siding versus Tellarknights
All tellarknights are light and warrior (not including diamond but thats still ocg so we dont need to worry about it yet). All of their effects can only be used once a turn. Their levels are all level 4. There are a lot of cards you could side versus tellarknights you wouldn't believe it. So lets start on the sides.

. Light-Imprisoning Mirror
Negate all LIGHT monster effects activated on the field or in the Graveyard.

. Stygian Dirge
Reduce the Levels of all monsters your opponent controls by 1. (If they dont rage quit they deserve a medal!)

. Skill Drain
Activate by paying 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up monsters on the field are negated while those monsters are face-up on the field (but their effects can still be activated).

. Maxx "c"
During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; this turn, each time your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), immediately draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Maxx "C"" per turn.

. Flying "c"
When your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s), except during the Damage Step: You can Special Summon this card from your hand to the opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position. The controller of this card cannot Xyz Summon.

. Royal Decree
Negate all other Trap Card effects on the field.

If you read this lesson please keep in mind it is for ancient fairy dorm, so I would appreciate it if your not an administrator/moderator/teacher/Ancient Fairy Dorm student, please dont reply to this lesson
RoadKamelot
RoadKamelot

level 0 Warning

https://stardustdragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding Empty Re: Ancient Fairy Dragon Dorm Lesson 1: Siding

Post by hahaha32 Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 pm

another card that might be good against most of the meta decks are Vanity's empitness if you can keep it on the field, or vanity's fiend.

hahaha32

level 0 Warning

Back to top Go down