Stardust duel academy forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 149 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:57 am
Card of the week

Masked Change Second
Affiliates

Gladiator Duel Academy

Eternity Rise Academy

Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion

3 posters

Go down

Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion Empty Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion

Post by RoadKamelot Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 pm

This lesson is going to be about 2 of the most important factors in deck building: Consistency and Synergy. I'll be showing you why it is important and how you should you it. I would also like to hear your opinions on both Consistency and Synergy.

Definition of Consistency:
Spoiler:

Definition of Consistent:
Spoiler:

Definition of Synergy:
Spoiler:

Consisten(t)(cy):
Too many people think consistency to be about your draw power, that's synergy. Consistency is keeping your plays and combos common, yes this is commonly achieved via draw power:synergy. The way how you know your deck is consistent (in my opinion obviously):
. Duel the same deck and the same person 3 times at a minimum, because in superstitions people think: 3rd time lucky. So just do it 3 times at a bare minimum. If your deck is consistent then the comebacks your opponents make should progressively become more common.
. Get a win condition e.g. for my inzektors i'd say the main win condition is spam from dragonfly and or cards like dark grepher, transmodify or centipede. If you have a deck IRL i'd suggest this. Draw your starting hand which would be 5, keep in mind if it helps your win condition or not, do this with your entire deck 3 times again, this would go through 24 times, keep an eye on how many hands you get that could help your win condition. I'd say if its was at least 6-11 try to improve it and 12+ is fine.

Synergy:
Synergy is draw power, and being able to set things up. NOT THE SPELL AND TRAPS YOUR RUN IN A DECK. Draw power is a necessity during the current meta and tier 0, because most would agree hand advantage is important, as is field advantage. I know its basic but the minimum cards in a deck is 40, run 40. It increased your chance at drawing what you need which i guess you could class as luck, because for example if you had 40 cards in a deck compared to 60 and your going for exodia, the chance of getting exodia in a 40 card deck is 1/8 whilst 60 is 1/12. That is a big difference. Synergy is what sets up consistency, you cant have consistency without synergy, and you can't have synergy without consistency.

Building the deck:
You need a win condition obviously
Consider all the info you know about synergy and get as much of it as you can, same with consistency.

RoadKamelot
RoadKamelot

level 0 Warning

https://stardustdragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion Empty Re: Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion

Post by Volt Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:14 pm

great explaining bro it was a great lesson i enjoyed reading it
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Volt

level 0 Warning

Back to top Go down

Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion Empty Re: Lesson 4:Consistancy and/or Synergy + discussion

Post by jman455 Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:34 pm

She's a girl
jman455
jman455

Qausar Points : 100,000,000
level 0 Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down