Stardust duel academy forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 149 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:57 am
Card of the week

Masked Change Second
Affiliates

Gladiator Duel Academy

Eternity Rise Academy

Lesson 3:Timing

Go down

Lesson 3:Timing Empty Lesson 3:Timing

Post by RoadKamelot Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:44 am

Something which I hate dealing with in rated, is people with timing problems. For any of you that dont know how to make something miss it's timing or when it has missed it this lesson is good for you. In short, timing affects when effects trigger, like chain links, things miss timing when more than one effect is activated at the same time, ignore the chain links, the way to make something miss its timing, is when an optional effect is activated the same time as a mandatory effect. What do I mean by this? Optional effects are effects which say 'can' in them, meaning you dont have to use it. These effects can miss their timings, an example i used to see quite a lot was fire hand vs card trooper. Way too many people got this wrong, fire hand destroys card trooper, but that was a cost, meaning an effect will follow up instantly/eventually, in this case instantly the next effect is 'then you can Special Summon 1 "Ice Hand" from your Deck.' I know this says can and i know its an optional effect but it works the same way, the cost was to destroy a monster, then you can special summon Ice Hand. Card Trooper is destroyed so you get to draw right? Wrong. Ice Hand is special summoned, making Card Trooper's effect miss it's timing.
RoadKamelot
RoadKamelot

level 0 Warning

https://stardustdragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down